Saturday, November 13, 2010

Flowers and numbers

My current development with the ISTD brief... below are my images from the flowers I flower pressed.





After inspiration from looking into Fibonacci and the Mandelbrot set I decided to magnify one of my photographs of a flower. In photoshop the maximum zoom is 3200% and this is what that looks like:



I decided to write down the RGB of each and every pixel from the selected area shown above. I did this to relate to the idea of numbers and sequences I've research about. I then made the colour of each written RGB numbers correspond to the actual colour.



This progressed to this image below (which shows what the image would look like if I was to repeat this process over and over):



This is another idea, inspired from an image in a typographic book:


No comments:

Post a Comment